Saturday, January 12, 2013

Magical Realism

It did not rain today, or yesterday. The sky was clear, and blue, amd I sat outside and wrote. When I looked up. there was a huge rainbow stretched over the neighborhood. I looked around, but no one else seemed to see it. Later, Zuni's friend called. She was sick, with a terrible stomach ache. Zuni shut the kitchen doors, and wrapped a string around the knobs. Then she passed the string thru her hands several times, whispering. She told me that is how you cure an upset stomach, quicker than the doctor she said. And Then I baked peaches, and the hot house filled up with peach smell and cinnamon. Juicy and sweet. I washed the dishes, and sang in the kitchen, where the noises bounce around in the rafters. Last night I dreamt that I was sailing in a little boat. And now I understand how Marquez wrote what he did. There is something really special about this place. Magical things happen. Marquez wrote what he experienced. He did not add magic to his reality, it was already there, because here, reality is already magical. Its the little things that people do, and the little things the universe shows you if you watch. just a thought... I'm off to take a nap..... Love, Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment